Support the Raymond Village Library
• 17 volunteers worked 940 hours; 23,159 items were circulated; 130 people got new library cards; 127 children’s programs were joined by 1,661 attendees; 115 adult programs were attended by 847 people; 9,843 patron visits were recorded; public computers were used 940 times; Raymond Arts Alliance program held 20 events attracting 800 people; Raymond Community Garden program gave
250 pounds of vegetables to the Food Pantry.
“When you absolutely positively have to know, ask a librarian.”
– American Library Association
Annual Appeal Goal $43,000
The Board of Trustees manages an annual appeal to town residents and our patrons. Your generous support to our appeal enables us to continue providing a high level of service to our patrons and plan for future enhancements.
The Raymond Village Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so your donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. All support is graciously received with the utmost appreciation.
How to make a donation to the annual appeal:
- Stop by the library in person. The library accepts debit and credit cards.
- Mail your donation to the library at PO Box 297, Raymond ME 04071Donate online via PayPal: You may use your PayPal account or donate using a credit card.
Other Ways To Donate
Memorials & Bequests
Making a donation to the library in remembrance of a loved one is a great way to make a long-lasting gift.
Amazon Wish List
We have an Amazon Wish List of items that we need at the library. You can help by purchasing any of these items for us.
We are always willing to accept help from those looking to volunteer to support our library and our current full-time professional librarian and paid staff.
Here are ways you can help:
- Volunteer at the library
- Serve on a committee
- Help organize an event or fundraising activity
- Support the library at town meeting
The library accepts donations throughout the year. All donated books and materials are reviewed on an ongoing basis and either added to the collection for circulation or added to our year-round book sale. Our book sale is an important library fundraiser and 100% of the proceeds directly support the library. Donations can be dropped off at any time during normal library hours.
Items we currently accept year round:
- Fiction and non-fiction books
- Gently used children’s books
- Sheet music and music books
- Textbooks (less than five years old)
- Music CDs
- Audio Books on CD
- Board Games
Items we do not currently accept:
- Any items that are moldy, dirty or damaged
All donations to the Raymond Village Library are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. Although we are not able to provide a dollar amount for your book donations, we can provide a receipt with number and description of items donated.
Other Ways to Donate
Donate online using Paypal
CLYNK is the easy and convenient way to redeem empty bottles and cans to help the Raymond Village Library. Stop by the library and pick up your CLYNK bags and tags. Fill your CLYNK bags with empty bottles and cans, then drop it inside a Hannaford supermarket. The Library will receive a donation for your recycling!
Make purchases at the:
- Plant Sale – June
- Book Sale – July
- Holiday Basket Sale – November/December
- Bake Sale – December
Magazine and Periodical Sponsorship: Through the generous donations of patrons and community members, the library is able to provide a variety of circulating magazines and periodicals. For more information regarding sponsoring a magazine subscription, or to recommend a topic or specific publication, please contact the library.
Shop at AmazonSmile: Using AmazonSmile when you shop benefits the library. Follow this link for more information.