RVL Lending Policies
- Picture ID with address required or piece of mail with correct address
- No fee for library card
- Parent or guardian registers for children under age 16
- Borrower cards valid for 1 year
- Two week circulation period
- Outside book drop
- Interlibrary loan (ILL) time determined by the lending agency
- Special circulation periods for high demand materials
- Borrowed books may be renewed twice, but we know sometimes those due dates can sneak by. In order to keep books available for all patrons, overdue reminders are now sent via email.
- If you need to renew a book please contact us and we will issue you a password and ID so that you can renew them online from home. Or please call 655-4283, email email@example.com or stop by to renew.
- Donation jar for late-return library materials.
- Lost or Damaged Materials: lost and damaged items charged retail value.
Internet Safety Policy
It is the policy of Raymond Village Library to: (a) prevent user access over its computer network to, or transmission of, inappropriate material via Internet, electronic mail, or other forms of direct electronic communications; (b) prevent unauthorized access and other unlawful online activity; (c) prevent unauthorized online disclosure, use, or dissemination of personal identification information of minors; and (d) comply with the Children’s Internet Protection Act [Pub. L. No. 106-554 and 47 USC 254(h)].
Key terms are as defined in the Children’s Internet Protection Act. (CIPA)
Access to Inappropriate Material
To the extent practical, technology protection measures (or “Internet filters”) shall be used to block or filter Internet, or other forms of electronic communications, access to inappropriate information.
Specifically, as required by the Children’s Internet Protection Act, blocking shall be applied to visual depictions of material deemed obscene or child pornography, or to any material deemed harmful to minors.
Subject to staff supervision, technology protection measures may be disabled for adults or, in the case of minors, minimized only for bona fide research or other lawful purposes.
Inappropriate Network Usage
To the extent practical, steps shall be taken to promote the safety and security of users of the Raymond Village Library online computer network when using electronic mail, chat rooms, instant messaging, and other forms of direct electronic communications.
Specifically, as required by the Children’s Internet Protection Act, prevention of inappropriate network usage includes: (a) unauthorized access, including so-called ‘hacking,’ and other unlawful activities; and (b) unauthorized disclosure, use, and dissemination of personal identification information regarding minors.
Education, Supervision and Monitoring
It shall be the responsibility of all members of the Raymond Village Library staff to educate, supervise and monitor appropriate usage of the online computer network and access to the Internet in accordance with this policy, the Children’s Internet Protection Act, the Neighborhood Children’s Internet Protection Act, and the Protecting Children in the 21st Century Act.
Procedures for the disabling or otherwise modifying any technology protection measures shall be the responsibility of the Library Director or designated representatives.
This Internet Safety Policy was adopted by the Board Trustees of Raymond Village Library at a public meeting, following normal public notice, on June12, 2016.