Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 9.23.55 AM
youtube channel slide
Dr. Charles and Florence Chigas
Dedication Held 8/28/27
The construction is complete and the library held a rededication of its newly renovated space. The space was dedicated to Dr. Charles and Florence Chigas. The Chigas's have been part of Raymond since 1951. Avid readers they passed their love of libraries on to their son Basil whose donation made this space possible. Basil and his wife Dia were thanked by library staff, volunteers and all those that made this project possible. In his remarks he shared stories of Raymond and felt that his parents would have truly been excited to see this beautiful renovation.
The energy created by this donation resulted in additional donations that allowed the renovation of the bathroom which is now ADA compliant and attracted a new Community Garden Reading Room donated by Highwire Hydroponics.