Tickets on sale at the library or online. Drawing on Wednesday, June 15th.
Tickets:$1 each or 6 for $5.
All proceeds benefit the library book fund!
Thank you to all of our volunteer artists!
Vote YES on Articles 24 and 25 to Support the Raymond Village Library
in Becoming a Raymond Town Department
After operating as an incorporated, non-profit organization since 2003, RVL recently assessed its long-term service goals and determined the library could best serve the community as an official department within the Town of Raymond.The Board of Selectman were receptive to this idea and together with RVL have developed a mutually beneficial transfer agreement. As a result, one of the ballot questions on Raymond’s town warrant will be whether the library should become a department of the town.
What are the benefits?
• Expanded free programming supporting all ages from infants to seniors.
• Greater ability to support community outreach programs.
• Ensures standard operating hours and consistent services
• Sustainability of funding for services.
• RVL’s assets and holdings would be entrusted to the town to support future library services.
• Operating and staffing costs would be assumed by the town.
• Retention of qualified library staff by providing healthcare and other employee benefits.
• RVL Trustees and staff could focus efforts on programming instead of continual private fundraising
• All grounds keeping and building maintenance would be assumed by the town.
• The library would realize a cost savings for insurance and other operational needs.
How can you support this effort?
The RVL Board of Trustees, Board of Selectman, Budget-Finance Committee, and library staff UNANIMOUSLY HOPE that you will consider casting your vote in favor of this opportunity at the town election on June 14th.
The Staff and Trustees of the Raymond Village Library look forward to the possibility of becoming a Town Department, creating new and exciting opportunities. We invite you to contact us with any questions you may have and hope you will drop in to see what the library has to offer!
PLEASE VOTE YES ON ARTICLES 24 AND 25 ON JUNE 14TH!
Voting to take place at JSMS gymnasium 7am to 8pm
RVL Trustees and staff would like to thank the Board of Selectman and Budget-Finance Committee who voted unanimously in favor of recommending this proposal, as well as the Town Manager for his continued support.